A composite reinforcement for vinyl windows and doors utilizing Ccore®
a proprietary, scientifically engineered PVC composite.
- Chelsea Building Products developed Ccore® Reinforcement made from a proprietary PVC composite formulation
- PVC’s thermal properties are superior to both aluminum and steel
- The extruded profile virtually fills the cavity, significantly reducing the occurrence for convection within the cavity air space
- Can be fabricated on same equipment as PVC profiles
- Provides further support to tilt latches, making the sash corner stronger
- Can be recycled
- Chelsea created a reinforcement solution that addressed the issues with metal. It’s easy to fabricate, more energy efficient and provides a unique selling feature. Because Ccore is PVC based, and not a metal, the price is not as volatile. Fabricators don’t have to order 1000’s of pounds at a time and can have the product delivered on the same truck as their profiles. This saves money in inventory carrying and freight costs.